Thursday, June 11, 2009

la saison rose


I was already pink sensitive before primrose spring arrived and when we came upon large swaths of tiny shell pink flowers blanketing the clifftops of the Côte Sauvage contrasting with the sometimes steel-grey, sometimes deep azure sea, I became even more awashed in a blush pink mood...

carnal pink floral carpets brush onto opera pink stone walls and la Maison Rose at the narrow entrance to an inlet in the Golfe du Morbihan must always remain that pompeian colour as the marker house for sailors...

lovely gardens large and small lushed out in livid pink blossom-clouds...

and cameo pink villas soften the earth tone palette of the vernacular stone architecture...

by the seashore I find flesh pink seashells and the most wondrous marine still-life tableaux...

the luminous alga leaf in gradations of orchid rose fans and drapes a mica-studded rock...
and my pale petal dress blows softly about me as I walk along the edge of my glow-pink paradise...

No comments:

Post a Comment